Monday, February 20, 2012

“Making” More Dirt

Yesterday Lucas was my little helper. He planted some seeds that I picked up at Lowe’s….
001
Early Girl Tomato I sure hope I have a big crop this year. I’d like to can some salsa and sauce. 

The big gardening focus of the day was sterilizing soil. I got this big bucket almost full, but to be honest, that’s hardly anything compared to what I need. I really wish I would have been doing this all winter. Instead of it being “no big deal” it’s now a “chore” that isn’t all that fun.

026
Today, I’ll squeeze in more potting soil preparation when I have time. I also picked up more Impatiens seeds that I’d like to plant. I really need to sit down and place my seed orders as well, but there are only so many hours in a day!
What kinds of gardening things are you doing right now?

No comments: